Welcome to Ontario, the province that one in three Canadians call home.
Ontario is a magnet for industry, the arts and science. The population is made up of many cultural backgrounds drawn to this vibrant province.
Ontario is a study in contrasts.
• The varied landscape includes the vast, rocky and mineral-rich Canadian Shield, which separates the fertile farmland in the south and the grassy lowlands of the north.
• There are over 250,000 lakes in Ontario — they make up about one-third of the world’s fresh water.
• In summer, temperatures can soar above 30°C (86°F), while in winter they can drop to below -13°C (9°F).
• Ontario’s industries range from cultivating crops, to mining minerals, to manufacturing automobiles, to designing software and leading-edge technology.
• Cultures from around the world thrive and are celebrated in Ontario with festivals such as Caribana (West Indian) and Oktoberfest (German).
• Travellers can enjoy the many experiences Ontario has to offer, from a wilderness expedition in the north, to a “shop till you drop into your theatre seat” city excursion.
This website is a virtual tour of Ontario, which also provides links to other websites that can give you more detailed information about the people, the places and the events that give Ontario its vitality.
To take a look at Ontario you can start your virtual tour by clicking on the subject of your interest in the column on the left.