Why Use A Broker?
When you have decided to buy or sell a home, the services of a qualified real estate professional are of utmost importance.
The ideal broker will have a good working knowledge of local real estate market conditions, be prepared to deliver a high standard of service to customers, and have the support of a large real estate company. Most importantly, a good broker will save you time and money.
Here are the advantages of working with a broker:
When selling a house
- A broker knows real estate values in your neighbourhood and will help set an agreeable and competitive price on your home.
- A broker will establish a marketing strategy for your home ensuring that your property is exposed to scores of potential buyers.
- A broker takes care of the many tasks involved in selling a house (from placing your listing to putting up the for sale sign). This ensures that the transaction is simple and low-stress for you.
- A broker is an expert in the home selling process and as such will advise you of your rights, options and obligations.
- A broker is an experienced negotiator and will work for to get you the best possible price.
When buying a house
- Brokers are experienced negotiators who will manage your offers and counter-offers.
- A broker is familiar with the neighbourhood and can give you information on local real estate values, taxes, utility costs, services and amenities.
- A broker is familiar with the entire home purchasing process and can advise you of your legal and financial options as well as recommend appraisal, home inspection and contracting services.
- A broker can pinpoint homes that fit your needs and dismiss those that do not, saving you time.
- A broker knows the potential problem areas in a home and can guide you away from “lemons.”